Sunday, February 15, 2009

Half Written Blog Entries

I have had several people ask me when my next blog post was happening. I should take that as a compliment, but really, all I feel is guilt.

I find it so hard to distill my thoughts sometimes; my poor brain swings from corridor to corridor, blindly trying to find its way to some sort of brilliant conclusion... which never happens. Because there are very few brilliant conclusions in life. Especially when you’re trying to write in complete sentences. With proper grammar. And punctuation. And dazzling, creative mastery.

I seem to do much better at babbling endlessly about things like this. Instead of just writing the rest of the ten articles I have previously started, I prefer to talk about how I can’t seem to find the time and focus to finish them.

Since I started this, I have handled two phone calls from two people in crisis. I’ve had to rebuke and correct. I have turned off lights that were left on by wayward children. I am listening to the movie, Kit Kittredge: American Girl, in the background. My husband has called from a garbled cell phone to let me know he’s on his way home, and that the trip he was going to make to Sam’s Club isn’t happening. I have had to walk by countless piles that need to be un-piled, dirty dishes that need to be washed, a to-do list that is blaringly not checked off, and a home school table that needs to be cleaned and organized. Quite frankly, it’s amazing that I can write a coherent sentence, let alone a blog entry.

And that is about as far as I get. The Kit movie ends. The children descend. My husband walks through the door. I hit “save.” And the half written article is reduced to pixels, zeros, and ones. Until I open it again in two weeks, read through it, and decide it was a horrible idea to begin with.

No comments: